Organized Chaos

Thursday 18 October 2012

Week 31 update!!!!




Not my nursery but the quote is PERFECT!
 Guess what….I still have NOT packed! OMW!! I’m having dreams that LJ is born already and I bring him home in just one of those plastic crap hospital nappies because I was so terribly lazy! I must do something about this and quickly! I’m super bummed that I’m still not picking up weight but hey I guess I won’t mind so much afterwards. BUT…we are one week closer and I’ve squared everything away with work for maternity leave! As long as my gynae okays it at my next appointment I will be working right up until the 14th December (unless LJ makes an early appearance...let us pray not!). Then I will return to work when LJ is 6 weeks old but only to work half day for the remaining 10 weeks of my maternity leave. Then I will come back full day! There is just too much work for me to leave it all out to wind for 16 weeks! I love my children dearly and this is going to be even more difficult than with Lil Mister because now I have the new born and Lil Misters transitions but I know it is what is right for my family. I am a working mom and my kids know and will know this does not NOT change how much I love them!

Total Weight Gain: 16 pounds!
This week, Baby is the size of a: pineapple!!!.


How far along? 31 weeks, 5 days

Due date: 15 Dec 2012

Total weight gain/loss: +1 kg

Maternity clothes? I’ve made it this far without shopping…why turn back now!

Sleep: The ridiculous people across the street have put some monstrosity in their front yard…okay it is a light on the porch and considering this is South Africa it makes sense. HOWEVER!!! This is really messing up my sleep. Unless I lay with my legs across my husband and my head hanging off the side of the bed that light seems to always be in my dang eyes! So this weekend the sliding blinds are coming down and going back to curtains!

Best moment this week: Lil Mister has claimed that LJ will be a friend and has started to pray for him at supper time (with all the rest of the family! I really need to get a video of him praying!)

Food cravings: I still want Mexican…and anything salty…BILTONG oh and hamburgers…maybe I should make that for dinner…with a white pepper sauce…and microwave potato chips…and salad! HAHAHAHA

Movement: He never seems to be still. I can not make out a pattern! Looks like I’ve got another 20 minute napper on my hands…oh but sleep training will be from the start this time. I’m not making the same mistake twice.

Symptoms: Okay, so my mood swings have finally started to kick in this week and I think I’ve been super b****…but I realize it and will work on that one! :-/
And Braxton hicks are kicking my butt big time! It pulls from the center of my lower back straight around to the center of my belly and then straight down! ARG…time to bring the pillow to work!

Labor Signs: Nope!

Stretch Marks: nope and we’re working hard to keep it that way!

Swelling? My feet are like elephants…DANG YOU!!

Belly Button in or out? its definitely almost out.

What I miss: spontaneity….oh you know what I’m talking about girls….when it was whenever, where ever! Despite pregnancy I just don’t know what happened….

Feeling toward Pregnancy: It's gone too quickly and I haven't taken the time to enjoy it!

What I am looking forward to: taking some time off from work just to be Mom to both my kids!

Milestones: I’m pretty sure LJ has flipped. All the movement shifted to my upper stomach now and when there is movement down low it is a huge ball…kind of head shaped! HAHA

News: Still no appointment! If you here that some pregnant lady burnt down a doctors office in South Africa….no I’m just kidding about that but I am past frustrated at this point!

I found a couple of great ideas for exercise during pregnancy! I’ve been pretty active and still had all of the workouts I had gotten during Lil Mister’s pregnancy. However if you’re planning to breastfeed and/or express like I am this little tid bit is great! Check it out!
Prepare to Breastfeed 


GENERAL NEEDS

© 4-6 Tommy Tippee bottles (I’m not using Liams again) (I've acquired 2 this week!!)
© Dummy
© Toweling nappies (Just need to embroider them now!)
© Hats
© Bibs
© Socks
© Stage 2 diapers
© Stage 3 diapers
© Wet wipes** I like to stock up
© Breast pads (I have one pack now so I'm waiting to see how the breast feeding goes this round!)
© Aqueous cream
© Baby powder
© Baby oil
© Bum cream
© New monitors
© Nipple cream
© Face cloths
© Pharmacy stock (Panado, tissue salts, boscopan, ect)

****Things I’d like to have*****

© New breast pump (I received a great gift from Living and Loving and Avent in a new pump!! Now I can use Liam’s old bottles with stoppers in them for storage as it fits the pump!)
© Microwave sterilizer
© 2x more blankets
© 2x more receiving blankets
© New nappy bag
© 2x new towels


0-3 MONTHS

© Coming Home Outfit (Need wool! A friend is going to crochet a jacket and hat and booties for him! Then we'll just wear a vest and white pants!)
© 2x summer jammies


3-6 MONTHS (this is where I gave a lot of Liams stuff away!)

© 12x vests (4 long sleeves) (I got 2!!)
© 4x cotton pants (with feet)
© 2x summer jammies
© 4-6x T-shirts
© 3-5x Rompers (I got 1!!)
© 3-5x Onesies (I got 2!!)


6-12 MONTHS (this is a season change from winter to summer for us! 3 months in each season)

© 2x Winter jammies
© 3x summer jammies
© 2x jackets
© 4x cotton pants
© 3x shorts
© 2x long sleeves
© 6x short sleeves
© 12x vests
© 2x Rompers

Oh and in my true fashion I have made a list for the hospital bag as well! Maybe this will get me in motion a little bit. However, despite having been through this before I feel like I’m not packing everything I will need! Open to suggestions!

HOSPITAL BAG

ð        Undergarments
ð        Socks & slippers
ð        Pajamas & robe
ð        Going home outfit
ð        Toiletries
o   Shampoo/cond
o   Soap/face cloths
o   Towel
o   Toothpaste/toothbrush
o   Lotion/oil
o   Deo
o   Hairbrush, gel, hairspray
ð        6x outfits LJ
ð        Going home outfit
ð        Toweling nappies
ð        Towel/face cloth
ð        Socks & booties
ð        Receiving blanket
ð        Blanket
ð        Aqueous cream, bum cream, Vaseline
ð        Wipes & Nappies
ð        Light reading material
ð        Pillow and blanket
ð        Object or photograph to focus on
ð        Snacks and gum/mints
ð        Camera
ð         


Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...