Organized Chaos

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Lil Mister's Peanut Butter Cookies

This morning Lil Mister and I decided we would make cookies.

He is a huge fan of helping Mommy in the kitchen and I thought it was a great activity to do while LJ slept a little!

I searched long and hard for a simple and quick recipe. To no avail however. Nothing seemed to quite hit the spot with what I was trying to achieve.

So I quickly created a simple cookie recipe and well, it turned out quite good!
I was going for a peanut butter cookie that would stay somewhat soft. These didn’t stay as soft as I wanted, but I’m beginning to give up hope on soft peanut butter cookies! Especially since I didn’t want to use butter!
 
Ingrediants:
1 c sugar
½ c flour
½ c peanut butter
1 egg
½ tbl oil
½ tsp baking powder

First we mixed the peanut butter, egg and sugar until the sugar was well dissolved. Then we added the rest of the ingrediants and continued to stir! So easy and simple. And not a lot of dishes!

I battled to get Lil Mister to let me put the dough on the baking sheet! He insisted on just eating it!

And since he is now having a visit over at Ouma’s house, I worry if his tummy isn’t feeling a little upset from the sugar and raw egg :-/

Eventually we got them in the oven though.

They baked for 15 min at 180C. They were still quite soft when taking them out and I let them cool. They still were a little crunchy so I might advise taking them out sooner!

We thoroughly enjoyed them however and strongly suggest you try them!
Lil Mister was so kind to even help clean up afterwards! ;-) Mommy score!
 
Shana..

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...