Organized Chaos

Friday 22 February 2013

Fitness Fridays {week 8}


Recap:
February 11- February 17
This was a hectic week and signified week two of being back to work. We have yet to get a morning routine down for me to run/train in the mornings and I’m on the verge of giving up! GRR!!!
Okay, you know I won’t give up, but really…it is SO hard to change an infants sleeping patterns. Then he smiles at me with this naughty little smile every morning when I finally pry myself from our duvet and his love to go shower as if he has once again won the battle.
You may have won the battle little dude but I will win this war! ;-)
I got 3 of my 4 runs in and two cross training days. Not as good as I’d hoped but I slacked the weekend. MIL and Vin came to visit us again so I kind of threw my plans out the window. We only see them once a month right now so I wasn’t wasting any time away from them! I don’t regret it mentally but I can feel in my body I’m regretting it physically!! Long breaks are not good right now!

Future outlook:
My training to run 30 minutes in 6 weeks is completed now! I’m super excited and although it is still difficult I’m achieving it! Since I got a week behind, I have to make that up now. This was suppose to be a little bit of a rest for me where I dropped down to only running 3km per run and work myself back up. However, I’m scratching that plan and jumping right in. Let’s see how it goes right! ;-)
February 25- March 3
4x cross training (2x full body 2x abs)
2x 5km runs combined with 5x strides work
6 km run with 2x 5min bursts at SS
6-8 km ‘long run’ at a slow, steady pace

Wish me luck and stay tuned next week!


If you’re at all interested in what I’m doing or getting yourself back into shape can I please encourage you to check out two of my favourite mommy runners! These women love being mommies and their health and continually inspire me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Shana..

2 comments:

  1. Good work! Keep it up! I can't wait to get back out running. I was sidelined with a sprained ankle this week, but I am hoping that by next weekend I can get back to my training schedule.
    New follower from a blog hop, and looking forward to more posts!
    XO, Rachel
    With Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Running is therapy for me and the best part is it's free!! hehe I always feel a little down when I can't get out there. I'm praying for a quick recovery for you!! All the best!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...