Organized Chaos

Monday 30 September 2013

Sunday Social...Dreams & Work



This Weeks Questions:
1. What is your dream job? 
I'm torn when answering this. I would have to say, if time wasn't an issue and I could plan things around my OWN schedule and therefore make it work for my children and husband...I'd love to have my own restaurant. I loved the 10 years I spent in food service and if it wasn't the schedules...I'd go back to it. I miss the restaurant and always dreamed of my own one day!
I'd also LOVE to study accounting. (This could help me with my restaurant!) I love doing what I do and it has just opened me up so much more to the financial side of business. If I could go back to school today, I'd enroll to be an accountant!
Pic Credit
2. If you had just won the lottery and didn’t need to work for money, what would you do with your time? 
Pic Credit
I'd take my family on missions trips around the world. We would dedicate the rest of our lives to helping others and spreading God's word! Hubby Dearest and I have both spoke on a desire to reach out to the people of Argentina....maybe we are just waiting on God's calling! Oh...it gives me goose bumps to think about!
3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field? 
Don't give up. At least by starting at the bottom you have a ladder to climb! It is frustrating but it would be more so if at 22 you walked in to the same position you're going to hold for 30+ years! 
Take responsibility and always be willing to go that step further! You will only get out what you put in so stop working just for your pay....work for yourself!
4. What would be your ideal “just for fun” job? 
Umm.....I don't think I have one! I loved being a waitress "just for the fun" of it...but I was serious about it and good about it. I'd say that being in the food service is the most fun I've had when it comes to working!
5. What was your first “real” job? 
Pic Credit
I volunteered for a restaurant inside our local hospital for four years and the day I turned 16 they handed me a uniform and gave me a full time job since I graduated high school early!
This post was part of a collaboration for Social Sunday!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

2 comments:

  1. How fantastic that you and your husband both have the same thoughts on missionary work in Argentina!! That will be great if it comes to fruition, it sounds like!


    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! We're praying to God each and every day that we may know His plan for our lives and what our purpose is in the Kingdom! I think it would be beyond awesome if it came through but we will be proud no matter where we are sent....even if it means that our mission field is the local grocery store!
    Hope you've had an awesome week so far!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...