Organized Chaos

Thursday 26 September 2013

Theme Thursday: TV... Were you a 90's Kid?

Okay....so this week we’re talking TV! Oh, yea baby!

For the last two weeks, Hubby Dearest and I have had our TV turned off! In an effort to meet our goal of only watching one TV show per night in order to increase our family time, we decided ‘scratch it, we’re going cold turkey!’ {Oh yes peeps, we ARE that brave!}

Yet, yesterday marked the 25th of the month and our two weeks were over. I actually told Hubby that I was a little bit sad to turn the cable back on....just a little bit! ;-)

We did okay last night! The TV was on but muted for the most part. Lil Mister watched no cartoons and we prepared dinner and bathed the boys just like we had the last two weeks....with no distraction!


We did, however, resume our habit of watching the news at 7pm. It was Nice to be able to see what was going on in the world again without having to confer with Yahoo!

After that, the TV was on but we read a story and got the boys in bed. (Then Hubby and I made a big fail and fell asleep in the lounge...but jeeze, it’s like when you don’t have coffee for a long time and then binge on it...we TV binged!)

But, from here....it’s back to basics. One TV show and more family time!

Really, though in light of today’s topic, I thought I’d remind us a little bit of what we used to watch! ;-) I LOVE so many TV shows today (have I mentioned how I’m addicted to Rookie Blue right now?)

But being a 90’s kid (sorry, but it is the truth!) I can’t help but be a little nostalgic at the old cartoons we grew up on! They had flair...they had class! Not like this Ben 10 nonsense today!

I couldn’t do this without first and foremost mentioning.....

Pic Credit
DOUG!
How could any 90’s kid not have this tune stuck in their heads right now? If I even here that name I’m all like......
So, if you ever introduce me to a man named Doug, know that while I’m shaking hands, I’m singing a really awesome song in my head!

Pic Credit
The Ren and Stimpy Show
I’m not even sure this was appropriate for children when looking back...but we LOVED it! I even had iguanas named Ren and Stimpy....no seriously peeps, that was their names!
Rugrats
Now here was a show with a story...it had something there people! Really!
Pic Credit

Beavis and Butt-Head
Again, totally inappropriate, but it was so cool when you could do the laugh better than your friends!
Sonic the Hedgehog
I mean, really! I watched the shows, had a t-shirt and even played the game on Sega! (oh, I’m taking you back!) The best part....my son watches it today! Shows you how awesome it really was, is!
Hey Arnold!
Who didn’t love the football shaped head! This show made sitting on your front stoop cool, that’s if you had a stoop!


Well, that is my top list! Do you have any cartoons that you’d still watch today as an adult? What are they?


This post was part of a collaboration at Something Clever 2.0
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

6 comments:

  1. Haha yes I remember all of those! Doug was probably the one I watched most religiously. I started calling my dog 'quail dog'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man, you're making me feel old. I've never seen any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, as a child of the 80's I never watched any of those shows either. But Looney Tunes are classic and I *still* watch them with my kids now. We even went through a whole DVD of really old Popeye cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! It's so funny how we remember such random things! I forgot until now about quail dog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry....you have your own group of cartoons that you probably swear are better than mine ever were! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looney Tunes and Popeye will always be classics! My son knows Looney Tunes as well!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...