Organized Chaos

Monday 16 September 2013

Why I disappear!

Where’d you go?
 I miss you so,
Seems like it’s been forever,
That you’ve been gone.

pic credit
Does this picture look at all familiar? Unfortunately, this is an all too regular scene in many homes today!


We’re engrossed. We’re obsessed.

We’re reading status updates and Twitter feeds. We’re posting to our blog and uploading pictures to Instagram. We’re constantly worried about what we’ve missed or if we’ve shared enough to hit our quota for the day!

Heck, even my two year old asks to talk on the phone!



But here’s the deal...the world isn’t ending while our phones our off! You aren’t going to loose a friend because you missed their update about the chicken parmesan they ate for dinner and if people start unfollowing you because you didn’t tell them you found $1 outside the movie theater doors....then screw them!

I love social media! I love my blog! I love sharing photos all over Facebook! And I’ll admit....I creep on a few friends Twitters! But have you noticed something....after 5 pm during the week, I kind of disappear. And you know what else....I’m not posting anything over weekends!

Have you picked up on that? My Saturday Funny and Sunday Inspiration are scheduled before 5pm on Friday each week. And that’s all folks! 
In the evenings and on weekends...I try not....check my email, read my blogs, up date my Facebook or Tweet about my day. I don’t participate in hops and I don’t enter giveaways!

Maybe...perhaps on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon when my boys are asleep and Hubby is still at work...I’ll shoot a quick update. But that is honestly as far as it goes. Why, you ask?

My home time is important to me. It’s all about balance! I love all of you! I love my blog and the effort I’ve put into it, but once we are all home from work and school....my family is my focus! You can ask Hubby...he’ll vouch that I will b****, moan, and all but throw a tantrum if he is on his phone while the kids are with us. I’ll tell him do it when we all go to bed....after he and I have spent some time together. He complains right back but he knows I have a point!

I don’t want our precious time wasted in other people’s lives. Gosh, there are moments I just have to put a photo on Facebook, but usually I wait until after the moment is gone and the kids are asleep. Then I share that baby like there’s no tomorrow!

Sometimes I’m dying to tell you what silly thing Hubby did, but I don’t. I rather spend those moments continuing the conversation and time I rarely get alone with him!

I don’t want the lines to get blurry and the ball to drop. When I am at home....I want all of me to be at home! It goes right along with the concept that Hubby and I can speak to each other about work in the first 15 minutes we are home from work. After that...it goes out the door! Unless we need to remind each other about something that work is doing that affects our normal schedules...we stop talking about work!

Why? Because we are more than this!
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.                                                               Ephesians 5:15-17

This doesn’t mean I think you’re a terrible mom if you choose to blog when your kids are playing outside! We all have to squeeze our personal time in somewhere and you must do it in the way that it suits your family!

This is simply my reasoning on why you aren’t seeing me over the weekends or in the evenings! I don’t want y’all to think I’m not caring about you! Because I do...I really, really do!

I went through a social media fast earlier this year. You can read about it! It was where God began convicting me that I was blurring the lines and using too much family time for internet time. After that, I got strict.

Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of time.  Colossians 4:5
So, if you want to reach me....always pop an email or leave a comment. Come Monday morning I read each and every one of them and reply to any comments. I catch up all my blogs throughout the week and post about all the stuff God is inspiring in me. And if you ever wonder where I am....know I’m right where God called me to be!





Thanks for understanding!



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...