I told yall that we were going to be spending some time in February focusing on Loveand Marriage! And I don’t mean to let you down!
Today, I want to focus on a huge aspect of our marriages. Probably one of the most important things you can do for your marriage! Last week, we discussed the Purpose of Marriage. God is our purpose....He is the focus and the glue that holds our marriages together!
So, probably the most essential thing you can do for your marriage is...Pray! Specifically, today I want to focus on praying for your husband!
I believe in seven as a holy number! I believe in using the power of that number! So....I am giving you 7 prayers!
7 Prayers for Your Husband
1) Pray for his relationship with God! In loving your husband you care about his soul. You want to be a part of nurturing his relationship with God. Pray that he continues to grow spiritually. Pray that he continues to pray and worship. Pray for conviction over his life and pray that he continuously seeks out the Spirit! (Proverbs 4:23; Psalm 112:1; Micha 6:8)
2) Pray that his the man God wants him to be! Pray that he is following God’s will for his life. Pray that he is seeking God’s counsel and growing in strength. Pray for his convictions and that he is courageous enough to do as God asks! Pray that he continuously seeks out the Spirits path for himself! (1 Corinthians 16:13)
3) Pray for him as the leader of your household! Pray that he is leading your family to the will of God and that through your family you will bring Glory to God! Pray that he embodies each task set before him as a gift from God! Pray that he continuously seeks out the Spirit in your family! (Ephesians 5:25-29)
4) Pray that he provides a Godly marriage! Pray for strength against sexual temptation and fulfillment within the marriage! Pray that he is able to know God’s love and replicate that within your marriage! Pray that your sexual intimacy is a reflection of selfless love. Pray that his heart remains pure and that his commitment is to the marriage! Pray that hê continuously seeks out the Spirit in your marriage. (Proverbs 6:23-25; 1 Corinthians 10:13; Song of Solomon 7:10)
5) Pray that he remains a Godly father! Pray that he continues to provide an example of God’s love for your children. Pray that he is leading them in the ways of the Lord. Pray that he provides joy, happiness, love, and discipline. Pray that the words he chooses is uplifting to your family. Pray that as a father he continuously seeks out the counsel of the Spirit. (Proverbs 18:21; Ephesians 6:4)
6) Pray for your husbands health! Pray that your husband is held in the hand of God. Pray for his strength. Pray for him mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically....that all may be balanced for the Lord. Pray that he continuously seeks to please the Spirit in his body! (Ephesians 3:16)
7) Pray for your husband financially! Pray that your husband will be able to provide for your family financially! Pray that your family can glorify the Lord with your finances. Pray that your husband will continually see God as the ultimate provider! Pray that he does not weary from his labours and that he may find balance between work and play! Pray that God will provide and your husband will develop the necessary character qualities to become successful in his career; decisiveness, honesty, persistence, people skills, organization, etc. Pray that he continuously seeks the Spirit in his choices for career and finances! (Proverbs 23:4-5; Romans 12:11-13; 1 Corinthians 15:58)
Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!