I’m all about foods my children will eat. Thankfully, my children are far from picky; however I’ve learnt that some foods tend to send children running for the hills! I have a spinach recipe that will leave your little asking for seconds!
1 bundle spinach
1 onion, diced
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
1 block feta cheese cubed (about ½ c)
1 c milk
1/3 c butter
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbl sugar
Salt and pepper
1) Chop spinach removing stems and rinse thoroughly. I suggest rinsing at least twice.
2) Add spinach along with onion and potato to a steamer.
3) Steam until wilted, approximately 20 minutes
4) Meanwhile, add butter and milk to a sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
5) While bringing to boil, add in garlic and stir intermitted. You don’t want the milk to burn.
6) Once at a boil, add in maizena (corn-starch) and stir until thick. Begin with 2 tbl maizena and add until thick.
7) Add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
8) Add salt and pepper to taste.
9) Mash your spinach and potatoes once cooked.
10) Move spinach to a casserole and mix in white sauce.
11) Add your feta and serve!
What is your trick to getting kids to eat the green foods?
Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!