Friday, 11 July 2014

Philly Cheesesteak Mince

Hello my peeps! This week has been hectic….which I guess is pretty normal in my life anymore!
 
Last week Friday I headed to the hospital thinking I had cracked a rib! No, I’m completely serious my friends. I was in so much pain from coughing that merely taking a step sent shooting pains through my body.

This has been an ongoing problem. I just never imagined it was going to get to this point. It started two months ago when I was diagnosed by my GP with bronchitis. I was given medication and completed the course. However, I didn’t get better. While on the medication, I improved but got worse when it was over. The first week in June I was back at the GP and diagnosed with pleurisy. Again, I was given medication. I felt better while taking it but got worse again when it was finished.


Three weeks ago, I wound up in the casualty at the hospital just fed up with pain. After having x-rays and blood work done, it was concluded that I had no infection anymore that my muscles and lungs were just tired and had inflammation. Again, as you guessed, I was given medication.

This all came to a head last Friday, when I hit my lowest point during these two months. I bent over coughing that morning and screamed in pain. I’d never experienced anything close to that outside of labour!

My wrist after a nurse managed to blow the IV out of my vein....don't ask!
After another consultation with the casualty doctor it was decided I must stay in hospital. 7 days later and a hundred and two tests, there is no conclusion. They only thing they can figure out is that my illness was worse than doctors had expected so it kept returning after medication.
 
Today, I’m feeling better and I’m back at work. I still have slight soreness in my ribs but can feel it is more like tired muscles now. My cough is minimal as I’m still on medication to break up the nonsense in my lungs. Let us pray for complete healing and that I will not need to spend time away from my family again!

I must praise Hubby though for his support of me and care of our children! Taking them on for a week on his own was a completely new experience! Truthfully, he’s never done that before! It’s not that I don’t trust him, it’s just never came up for me to be away! He did exceptionally well!

He took the boys to our parents for the weekend to see our grandparents and managed an entire week of baths, dinners, bedtimes and early mornings! The kids truly enjoyed their time with him too! I’m so proud of them all! LJ is now completely weaned!!! Praise Father! And Lil Mister hasn’t had an accident all week! I don’t know what I would do without such an amazing Hubby!

All this time away though has meant a bare kitchen! Today, I want to share a quick and easy recipe that even your Hubby could achieve alone with the kids!


Ingredients:

500g Mince
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp black pepper
3 tsp Worchester sauce
1 ½ c milk
2 tsp corn-starch
250g processed cheese (for melting purposes it works best)
Salt to taste

1.    Place onion and green pepper in a pan and fry until just soft
2.    Remove vegetables and fry mince until browned
3.    Season mince with garlic salt, pepper and Worchester sauce. You can adjust the amounts of these if you like a stronger flavour
4.    Return vegetables and remove from heat
5.    While the mince if frying, place milk in a pan and bring to a boil.
6.    Add in cheese until melted.
7.    Add corn-starch until desired thickness and season with salt and pepper to taste.

8.    Place mince on buttered toast and smother in cheese sauce
All's good that ends good....and this ending was great! Coming home to my boys!
Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!

Heartbeats Soul Stains
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so sorry you've been feeling ill. I hope that whatever it is is finally out of our system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly! I'm definitely feeling much better!

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear you haven't been well.

    A couple days after I gave birth to my second daughter, my husband had a coughing fit and tore the cartilage between his ribs. It took 6 weeks for him to recover! Coughing can have some serious repercussions!

    Thanks for sharing this recipe (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you continued healing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame Jen that sounds terrible! Thanks for hosting the link up! They didn't specifically say if they looked for that with me but they did xrays, ct scans and everything so I assume they would have seen it! Yes, coughing can be rough!

      Delete

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...