Each Friday I strive to bring you something new from the Organized Chaos kitchen. In addition to that, I'm going to start listing out what we've been eating throughout the week! That way if there was a previous recipe involved...you can check it out! You can always find old meals on the Recipes page!
On The OC Menu
Fri: Braai meat and Pap
Sat: Bunny Chow
Sun: Pap and Wors
Mon: Stewed Beef, Potatoes and Veggies
Wed: T-bone Steak and Sweet Potato Fries
Thurs: Roasted Chicken and Butternut
How are you guys doing? You know, I’ve talked before about how big braai is here in South Africa…maybe just once or twice!
Today, I wanted to bring you a simple recipe for a great side that will go with any braai or BBQ! It’s called Asparagus buns! Now, I know some of you are turning your noses up at the idea of this but really it’s great! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had someone who hates asparagus ask for seconds on this!
6 hamburger buns
1 can asparagus (you can use fresh that has been steamed as well)
1 250ml fresh cream
1 c grated cheddar cheese
1) Preheat your oven to about 180 C
2) Cut a thin layer of the top of the bun off. You’re creating a bowl in the bun so you’ll then scoop out the center of the bun. You can eat this bread you take out. We aren’t going to use it.
3) In a medium bowl, mash the asparagus into fine pieces.
4) Whip the cream until it is almost like miracle whip! Mix it with the asparagus.
5) Fill your bun bowls.
6) Top with cheese and the top of bun.
7) Bake in oven until just browned and cheese is melted!
And there you have it! You’re very own amazing Asparagus buns! You can really get creative with spices, different cheeses and even maybe adding some bacon! It’s really up to you! Try it out and let me know what you did differently!
Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!