Monday, 8 September 2014

But I am the sun

Lil Mister: You’re Mommy
www.webweaver.nu
Me: Yes, that’s right.
Lil Mister: You’re also Mamma.
Me: I am.
Lil Mister: (Deep in thought) You’re also LJ’s Mommy?
Me: Yes, I am Mommy to you and LJ.
Lil Mister: But I’m the sun….


Sometimes it can be confusing raising children in a fully bi-lingual household. I’ve been told I don’t know how many times that I shouldn’t speak Afrikaans to my children because my Afrikaans isn’t 100% but then again sometimes they just seem to understand it better!

This is one of those moments where the languages were confusing. We were having a conversation in English in which Lil Mister tried to sort out the different names they call me. I keep telling the boys that they are my sons. Sometimes Lil Mister gets confused about the “roles” within the household. But in his brain when I say son….he starts to think about the sun! I guess this would be confusing in English no matter what. The Afrikaans word for son is seun, which is so different in pronunciation

however the word sun is son in Afrikaans. Now we’re getting complicated.

He’s getting there at learning the different words but in this particular situation he took my English word son and though of sun! How right he actually was though!

My sons are the sun in my world. Each day they make the world brighter. Their energy is infectious and gives me the umph to get through another day. Their smiles light up my home and their laughter warms my soul.

They are the sun!

Check out my highlight sponsor this month!!
Heartbeats Soul Stains
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!
bloglovin, follow me, blog, organized chaos, button twitter facebook, like me, blog, organized chaos, button google pinterest, follow me, boards, organized chaos, button youtube, organized chaos, subscribe, follow me, button instagram, follow me, blog, organized chaos, button linkedin, follow me, blog, organized chaos, button

XOXxx

Shana Danae..

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...